Beef & Scallion Rolls Ingredients:
- Beef* (Thinly Sliced)
- Water Cress
- Perilla Leaf
- Garlic Salt
* Beef should be thinly sliced with minimal fat to minimize shrinkage when being cooked. We recommend using the deckle or rump cuts.
What to eat with:
- Dwenjang Jjigae 된장찌개 (Korean Soybean Paste Stew)
- Meat Sauce (Bought from Korean butcher shop)
- Pachae 파채 (Spring Onion Salad with Meat Sauce/Salad Sauce)
- Matgeoli 생 막걸리 (Korean rice liquor)
- Halloumi Cheese
The Beef & Scallion roll came to us as an inspiration while watching the Korean food network. It is a simple, yet delicate, dish which requires a minimal amount of preparation and a few ingredients. It works well in a Korean-styled course, notably with Dwenjang Jjigae 된장찌개 (Korean Soybean Paste Stew), rice, and of course, some Matgeoli 생막걸리 (Korean rice liquor). We also got the meat sauce and Pachae 파채 (Spring Onion Salad with Meat Sauce/Salad Sauce) from a Korean butcher shop which really adds to the flavor of this course. This recipe is a good dish to prepare during your winter getaway - it definitely beats making a boring steak!
Photos & made by Bobo and Bibi